Sunday 14 February 2010

From the start it has been the theatre's business to entertain people ... it needs no other passport than fun.

Bertold Brecht, one of the greatest theatre practitioners of all time, once said "From the start it has been the theatre's business to entertain people ... it needs no other passport than fun." I have been involved in theatre for as far back as I can remember and the reason is because I have so much passion for it because it is the most fun I have ever had.
One of the aspects of theatre - without which a performance would not be possible - is lighting. The downside of being obsessed with theatre is of course that I am the only student in my school who is able to understand how to work the new lighting board. In the past few weeks I have lit three different performances and although it is very hard work, I LOVE it!
You see in my school, all the students in Theatre Arts have to do a final performance which they write and direct so I was asked to do the lighting for three different performances. Anyway, I just wanted to say a little something about lighting and show a few pictures from my journeys. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Vienna Waits for You. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator