Monday 3 May 2010

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.

Ellen Parr once said "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." which is exactly what led me, during one of my final Ecosystems classes ever, to build a statue made up of the entire contents of the pencil case belonging to the girl who sits next to me.

So I began with a foundation of pens of the same type lined up and equally spaced and then proceeded to systematically build up the statue in a sort of pyramid shape, using smaller and smaller pens as I reached the top. I then finished it off with a highlighter protruding from the top of the pyramid with a layer of small items (such as an eraser, a USB stick etc.) so that the highlighter would not fall over.
See what you can accomplish when you’re bored and curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Vienna Waits for You. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator