Monday 3 May 2010

The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination.

Ward Elliot Hour once said "The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the imagination." I love winter. It's the most beautiful season in my opinion. However, a few weeks ago, I took a walk with a good friend of mine as the snow first started to melt, marking the beginning of spring. I like the changing of the seasons. I even like the smell of spring. I suppose spring would be my second favorite season as it is still cool and of course you get the beautiful flowers starting to pop out of the ground and the trees start to get leaves and bloom again.


I love the calm that sets over and the silence you get during a mid morning stroll across the back fields of Austria. You can see various small field animals such as mice and hares running and jumping across the fields. You might even see some large pheasants wobbling around in the grass looking for bugs.
I also love the fact that there seem to benches spread across every walking path in Austria where people can sit and have a picnic or lie with their hair dangling off the side of the table. And of course one cannot forget the strange looking huts that are held up off the ground by large poles which seem to have no other use than to bear graffiti and the odd bird watcher.
Basically I just wanted to express the feeling of fresh winter-spring air and the smell of melting snow. The sun isn't too bad either. It's definitely a pretty picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2009 Vienna Waits for You. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator